To help people at Southside...
- To connect people in a healthy relationship with God and one another.
- To discover the fulfilling life that God has planned for us.
- To take care of one another.
- To reach out to all people with the great news of what Jesus offers.
- To worship God with our lives.
- To invest in our community.
Our Core Values
The values of a church shape what - and who - it is. Southside has ten core values that are highlighted here, along with the Biblical reasoning for each value.
- We believe that the Bible is true and that its teaching is the catalyst for life-change in individual's lives and in the church. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; James 1:23-25; Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:42; 20:32)
- We believe that lost people matter to God and the church. (Luke 5:30-32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14)
- We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
- We believe that followers of Christ should manifest authenticity and strive for continuous spiritual growth. (Ephesians 4:25-26 and 32; Philippians 1:6; Romans 8:29; Hebrews 12:1; 1 Corinthians 3:1-3)
- We believe that the church should operate as a unified community of servants stewarding their spiritual gifts. (Romans 12; Ephesians 4; John 13; Philippians 2; 1 Corinthians 12 and 14)
- We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. (1 Corinthians 13; Matthew 22:36-40; John 13:34-35; John 15:12-17; Matthew 5:43-48)
- We believe that life-change happens best through relationships. (Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:44-47)
- We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people. (Colossians 3:17; Malachi 1:6-14; Proverbs 27:17)
- We believe that churches should be led by those with leadership gifts and structured according to the nature and mission of the church. (Nehemiah 1 & 2; Romans 12:8; 1 Timothy 3; 1 Peter 5; Ephesians 4; Acts 6:2-5)
- We believe that the pursuit of full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every Believer. (Matthew 6:33; Matthew 22:36-40; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 2:1-18)
We are a Southern Baptist Church and the specfics of our doctrine are outlined in The Baptist Faith and Message.
We are a member of the following: